To deliver the highest value experience to junior golfers with competitive fields at premiere venues. The IJGT offers international exposure and college placement assistance, as well as skill, character, and confidence building blocks for success in life.
In 1995, the International Junior Golf Academy (IJGA) opened its doors on Hilton Head Island, SC. At that time, there was no organized school year junior golf tour available for the academy’s six students. Ray Travaglione, founder of IJGA, recognized that regular competition experiences were necessary to challenge and develop players; hence, he created the International Junior Golf Tour (IJGT).
In its first year of operation, the IJGT held eight regional events. Three years later, the IJGT had expanded to 23 events nationwide. Now in its 27th year, the IJGT is open to all junior golfers.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is the IJGT?
A platform for junior golfers to gain competition experience, build character and confidence skills, receive college placement assistance and enjoy camaraderie with golfers and the community
Contact us at 855-378-8177 or via email at email@example.com to learn more
How old do I have to be to compete?
All golfers, 9-19 years of age are eligible for IJGT membership and may play in IJGT tournaments until their 20th birthday.
What are the age divisions on the IJGT?
Three age divisions are determined by the golfer’s age as of September 1 of the current season:
- Girls 9-19
- Boys 9-16
- Boys 17-19
How do I register for IJGT tournaments?
IJGT members are invited to participate in as many regular season tournaments as possible. Registrations are accepted and confirmed on a first come first serve basis to ensure pace of play and a high quality experience. We recommend that players register 30 days in advance of the event date.
What is the cost for tournaments? Why are some tournaments more expensive than others?
- Event offerings vary; registration fees are determined on a per event basis to ensure the highest quality experience for each player’s investment
- IJGT events include 2-3 days of competition
- Entry fees are posted on each individual tournament information page
What happens when a tournament is full?
When a tournament field reaches registration capacity, all junior golfers who attempt to sign up will be added to a waiting list according to age division. If a spot becomes available, you will be contacted directly by an IJGT team member to confirm your entry.
Are distance-measuring-devices permitted during Tournament play?
- The IJGT does allow the use of distance measuring devices in all competition events. This allowance is based on the prevalence of distance measuring device usage at the collegiate level, the next step for many IJGT competitors.
- As a school year tour, practice rounds are sometimes unrealistic due to logistics. Measuring devices afford competitors a chance to gain information about the course even when their schedule does not permit a tournament practice round.
- Players may not use any devices that measures slope, wind, or gradient.
Does the IJGT send press releases and/or report scores?
- Upon completion of each event, media-ready press releases are distributed by the IJGT
- Scores and releases are also available at the IJGT website
- Results are sent to local media outlets in the designated “hometown” of winners in each division
- Following the final round, winners of their respective age divisions may also be asked to complete a quick video interview for use in communications generated by IJGT (this is excellent training for players)